Monday, November 22, 2010

I need to change the front wheel bearing on a 95 Ford four wheel drive. How do I get the hub assembly apart?

Bear with me its been a year and a half since I did this.

Truck jacked up and tire off.

remove hub 3-6 bolts

pull off outer cap

there is a large spring clip in a groove in outer hub wall . Dig around with small screw driver you will find .it once this is out the inner hub will come out.

You may need to reach in and remove any c-clips on Axel . As well as a large washer with holes in it .

Now you should see a large flat washer looking thing with 4 hole in it. Get you hub socket and remove it . The rotor and hub should pull off.

remove seal and bearings . Pound out races with brass /wood drift and replace in reverse.



When you get to the large 4 hole nut tighten till rotor will not turn and back off. I put tire on and tighten till there is no side to side movement . And tire turns. You will want to check hub after first ride to see if to hot and readjust in week or so .



I recommend you get a manual. And You should join www.ford-trucks.com its free the 88-97 forum guys can help you with every nut and bolt . tell em %26quot;lost%26quot; sent youI need to change the front wheel bearing on a 95 Ford four wheel drive. How do I get the hub assembly apart?get a repair manualI need to change the front wheel bearing on a 95 Ford four wheel drive. How do I get the hub assembly apart?You'll have to use a press (typically 20 or 30 ton). If you look in a repair manual, they'll tell you to take it to a repair shop.I need to change the front wheel bearing on a 95 Ford four wheel drive. How do I get the hub assembly apart?You don't need a press to take the 4X4 locking hub apart. It's not that hard to do but you may need a special socket to get the large nut inside the hub off. Some parts stores rent special tools like this if you need it. I would get a manual or take it in if you're not sure what you're doing. If you don't put it back together properly you could have your front wheel fly off when your going down the road. Then you're going to have a large repair bill.
  • advice make decison
  • div myspace
  •