Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I break a wheel-bearing hub free from steering knuckle?

Need to change a front wheel-bearing on a 97 Chevy Cavalier. The bearing is in a pre-assembled hub. I removed the three bolts holding the hub to the steering knuckle but couldn't get the bearing out because it seemed to be rusted in there. I tried using Seafoam (rust remover) and that didn't seem to change anything... and I have pretty well pried and hammered at it with small tools. What would a shop use to get it off? Please be specific if you know... like the name of tools or equipment and possibly where I can get them or rent them. Thanks!How do I break a wheel-bearing hub free from steering knuckle?Keep on smashing at it with a larger sledge and keep putting the knocker loose to it. If you use heat you could damage the knuckle. Patience and a bigger sledge will prevail.

Good luck.How do I break a wheel-bearing hub free from steering knuckle?with a hammer a rubber one called a malletHow do I break a wheel-bearing hub free from steering knuckle?You need a Slide Hammer or your never going to get it off.
  • producers of viruses
  • facial skin tighter
  •