Thursday, June 2, 2011

How Do I Fix The Grinding/squeaking from right wheel?

I own a 2004 monte carlo LS (3.4). I recently changed the wheel and hub bearing, when i went to put the caliper back on the pads fell off so when i assembled everything i compressed the brake and cleaned and reasembled the pads, caliper, and rotors. Now when I drive I can hear a sorta grinding/ squealing that follows the rotation of the wheel exactly regardless of speed. The noise is still there when I brake and turn left or right. Any Ideas?How Do I Fix The Grinding/squeaking from right wheel?Remove the wheel you worked on and check to make sure nothing is rubbing that you touched. Clean and reset anything you can get to. Check the bearing too, make sure nothing came off or loose. May just be something simple.



good luck.......How Do I Fix The Grinding/squeaking from right wheel?there needs to be a little grease between the caliper and brake pad backer (The metal to metal contact)



You said you cleaned the caliper and pad, you may have wiped that away.



The vibration created from the brake pad and rotor contact transfers to the brake pad backer-caliper contact and squeaks or grinds
  • hair straightening
  • hair gel
  •